Greeting to all our readers and supporters!
We have gathered here our top LOCAL stories that happened in our areas, Pattaya and Chonburi, in the last week from Monday, July 18th, 2022, to Sunday, July 24th, 2022.
The stories are chosen by our editorial team and are not in a particular order of importance but roughly in order of publishing.
Let’s take a look at what you might have missed!
1. Pattaya mayor orders complete documentation of all footpath, billboard, and public utility issues around Pattaya
This order was widely praised by both Thai and foreign readers, although most noted it wasn’t just about making a list but resolving the issues on it in a timely fashion.
2. Bed capacity in Pattaya for Covid patients is no issue, hospitalized and serious patients remain very low, Pattaya deputy mayor says
This came after a rise of reported Covid-19 cases, but Pattaya officials were confident that they were better prepared this time.
3. Indian tourist’s gold necklace worth 30,000 baht allegedly stolen by transgender individual in Pattaya
Yes. At least the tenth time this has allegedly happened recently in Pattaya to an Indian tourist.
4. Foreign man attacking bar shutter in Pattaya goes viral on Thai media, incident allegedly sparked by earlier personal conflict
The incident drew widespread discussion on social media.
5. Get ready for a long holiday weekend to mark His Royal Majesty the King’s birthday
The Pattaya News wishes His Royal Majesty the King a very happy and blessed birthday.
That’s it for this week. The Pattaya News hopes next week will bring you good news.