Hello Pattaya News Readers and Supporters!
The following is our weekly feature in which we highlight the top local stories in our area, Pattaya and Chonburi, from the past week. The number of stories differs from week to week.
These are chosen and curated by our editorial team and are designed for our readers to get a quick “catch-up” of important stories they may have missed. We publish many stories daily and it is easy to lose track of important events or changes in our area. We do national recaps in a separate article, this is only the top local stories in our area and province.
They are in no particular order of importance but roughly in order of publishing. These are from Sunday, April 10th, 2022, to Saturday, April 16th, 2022.
Let’s get started and see what the top local stories were!
1. No water splashing in Pattaya, warns police chief
For the most part, especially compared to scenes from Phuket, Samui, and Khaosan in Bangkok, Pattaya followed the rules, although scattered small water splashing was seen here and there mostly small water guns and “squirts” vs. fights.
2. Chinese tourists allegedly attack a hotel worker who tried to stop them from driving home drunk
The case was reportedly resolved amicably between the two parties at the police station later.
3. Songkran is busy in Pattaya, despite the water splashing ban
It was a busy week for the city, even with the water splashing ban, although the traditional “Wan Lai” big party on April 19th was also canceled this year.
4. Pattaya Cricket Club retains their winning ways
5. Street brawl draws lots of attention in Pattaya, especially for the alleged role of guards
More information is below.
6. Pattaya mayor candidate Poramase Ngampiches pledges to restore tourism and nightlife industry if elected
TPN notes, of course, that restrictions on nightlife such as early closures are national Covid-19 restrictions and not local. However, pressure from local authorities could of course be applied to the Center for Covid-19 Situation Administration, or CCSA.
That is all for this week! See you next week!