Hello Pattaya News Readers and Supporters!
The following is our weekly feature in which we highlight the top local stories in our area, Pattaya and Chonburi, from the past week. The number of stories differs from week to week.
These are chosen and curated by our editorial team and are designed for our readers to get a quick “catch-up” of important stories they may have missed. We publish many stories daily and it is easy to lose track of important events or changes in our area. We do national recaps in a separate article, this is only the top local stories in our area and province.
They are in no particular order of importance but roughly in order of publishing. These are from Sunday, February 13th, 2022, to Saturday, February 19th, 2022.
Let’s get started and see what the top local stories were!
1. Pattaya bar and entertainment venue owners want a full legal opening with normal operating hours
This has been ongoing for some time but involves dozens of members of prominent business and tourism associations. They plan to meet with relevant agencies and officials this week, striving for at least relaxation of rules, especially 11:00 P.M. closing times, by March 1st.
2. Pattaya City Mayor confirms the city will hold a four-weekend music festival in March
The event is geared at mostly increasing domestic tourism.
3. Three domestic tourists seriously injured after railing breaks at Koh Larn viewpoint
This has brought renewed attention to the importance of maintaining local tourism attractions.
4. Chonburi woman gets the biggest surprise of her 79 years of life on Valentine’s Day.
This heartwarming story drew a lot of praise, views, and supports on social media.
5. Pattaya Mayor says he is “ready” for the first election in the city in about a decade
There is no “set” date for the election yet, but it is likely to be in May and will fall on a Sunday. An alcohol sales ban for 24-hours will be in place. We will be paying close attention to this as the date approaches.