Greetings to all our readers and supporters!
We have gathered together here our top LOCAL stories that happened in our areas, Pattaya and Chonburi, in the last week from Monday, July 31st, to Sunday, August 6th, 2023.
The stories are chosen by our editorial team and are not in a particular order of importance but roughly in order of publishing.
1. Thai Police Pledge to Eradicate Foreign Motorcycle Clubs Involved in Alleged Criminal Activities
One proposal is to strengthen visa requirements for retired foreigners, which drew huge discussion online. It’s important to note it is only talk without any level of legal proposal yet submitted.
2. Large Group of Pattaya Beach Transgender People Assault Foreign Tourists After Being Allegedly Misgendered and Offended
The tourists were slightly hurt after allegedly misgendering the suspect. Two of the transgender individuals involved were also slightly injured. The incident took place after one of the tourist’s allegedly offended one of the transgender people by calling them a man.
3. Pattaya Bikini Beach Race Set for October 28th, Registration Now Open
Get your bikini ready and register now!
4. Robbery Incident Against Kuwaiti Tourists at Pattaya Viewpoint Turns Out to Be Bad Prank, Tourists to be Blacklisted
The tourists who orchestrated this prank are reportedly set to be deported and placed on a blacklist from re-entering Thailand.
5. Sattahip Nightclub Inferno Leaves Vietnamese Woman in Severe Debt Due to Mounting Medical Expenses
August 5th marked the one year anniversary of this nightclub inferno that killed 26 people. The Vietnamese lady who survived the incident is now suffering not only from her severe boy burns but also from mounting medical debt. Support her by donating via the bank account provided in the article.
That’s it for this week, have a safe week ahead!