Reckless Handling of Gasoline Causes Pattaya Shop Fire, One Person Injured

Pattaya —

A man was filling bottles with gasoline while smoking a cigarette when the gasoline suddenly caught fire and burned the man and his house, causing him moderate injuries.

The incident took place at 8:23 PM on Wednesday, April 3rd, 2024, at a shop house on the opposite of the Pattaya Provincial Court in the Nongprue sub-district, Banglamung district, Chonburi province. Three fire trucks were dispatched to the scene.

Upon arrival, firefighters found a large crowd of people gathered around the burning house. The fire had engulfed the zinc-roofed house, and the flames were intense.

Firefighters evacuated nearby residents and used water cannons to extinguish the fire. It took them nearly 30 minutes to bring the fire under control.

According to witness reports, the fire completely destroyed the house, which was also used as a shop. The house owner, identified only as Mr. Mana, 40, sustained burns to both arms. He was taken to a local hospital before the authorities arrived.

An eyewitness to the incident, Ms. Pliw Thongnam, 44, said that she saw Mr. Mana filling bottles with gasoline while smoking a cigarette. She warned him that it was dangerous and could cause a fire, but he ignored her. Suddenly, the gasoline caught fire, which quickly spread onto Mr. Mana’s arms. Ms. Pliw tried unsuccessfully to put out the fire before calling the authorities.


Help support The Pattaya News in 2024!

Need medical or travel insurance for your trip to Thailand? We can help!

Aim Tanakorn
The local news translator at The Pattaya News. Aim is a twenty-four year old who currently lives in Bangkok. Interested in English translation, story-telling, and entrepreneurship, he believes that hard-working is an indispensable component of every success in this world.