Fire Breaks Out After Sattahip Woman Forgets to Turns Off Gas Stove

Sattahip —

A fire broke out inside a house in Sattahip district on Tuesday night, June 27th, after the homeowner forgot to turn off her gas stove.

The incident scene was at a concrete one-story house located in Chonburi province. The firefighter department rushed to the scene immediately after being notified of a fire at around 8:30 PM.

Firefighters spent over 20 minutes quelling the raging blaze that was burning inside the house of 45-year-old Ms. Suwatda Sawekchim. She was standing outside her house, uninjured but shocked by the flames.

According to her, she went to warm up a meal in the kitchen before leaving it to store her belongings in another room after returning from running errands.

Unfortunately, Suwatda forgot about the running gas stove and left it unattended, which eventually resulted in a fire.

The homeowner said she was lucky that her child could smell the burning gas stove in time before the fire spread. Her child was safe, according to reports.

In another not-so-lucky incident, a large fire burned down two houses in Pattaya on Monday afternoon.

The fire spread uncontrollably and took hours to be quenched since one homeowner had been hoarding a large amount of debris at her dwelling over the years for sales.

Fortunately, the victim and other residents were uninjured by the blaze.

Help support The Pattaya News in 2023!

Need medical or travel insurance for your trip to Thailand? We can help!

Aim Tanakorn
The local news translator at The Pattaya News. Aim is a twenty-four year old who currently lives in Bangkok. Interested in English translation, story-telling, and entrepreneurship, he believes that hard-working is an indispensable component of every success in this world.