An alcohol sales ban will take place in some areas of Nongprue, Banglamung, and Chonburi for local elections.
The Chonburi Provincial Administrative Organization has announced an alcohol sales ban and distribution from 6:00 P.M. on Saturday (May 20th) to Sunday (May 21st) 6:00 P.M. The alcohol sale ban will be for a local election for members of the Provincial Administrative Organization on Sunday (May 21st).
The alcohol sales ban will be for specific areas below:
- Na Pa sub-district (except M.4 village) in Mueang Chonburi
- Mueang sub-district (except M.1,2,3,4,5 village) and the Saensuk sub-district in Mueang Chonburi.
- Mueang sub-district (only for M.1, 2, 3, 5 village), Nong Kang Kok sub-district (except M.1, 4 village) in Mueang Chonburi
- Nong Ree sub-district (except M.1, 3 and Na Pa sub-district M.4 village) in Mueang Chonburi
- Nongprue sub-district (only for M.1, 2, 3, 6, 11 villages) and Pong sub-district (Except M.5, 6, 10 villages) in Banglamung district.
- Thung Sukkhala sub-district (only for M.12 village), Nong Kham sub-district (only for M. 11 village), in Bueng sub-district (except M. 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8 village) in Si Racha district.
- Koh Chan district constituency 1
If you are unsure if your local area is impacted you can contact your local municipality office or the Pattaya hotline at 1337. TPN media notes that Central Pattaya and the main tourism zones are NOT impacted although some venues in the so-called darkside will be.
Unfortunately, this means for the third weekend in a row some venues focused on alcohol sales like bars will have to shut. The last two weekends were impacted by national elections in Thailand.
Anyone offending the law shall be imprisoned for up to six months or fined up to 10,000 baht or both.
Help support The Pattaya News in 2023!
Need legal advice or a lawyer? We can help. Click here.