The Koh Larn local committee today, which has responsibility for setting island affairs, policies, and rules (July 14th) has announced several new measures and changes effective from today until further notice. They stated the reasoning was due to Covid-19.
The measures below were originally announced on their Facebook page:
- Public boats at the Na Baan pier have new schedules:
- Depart from Pattaya Bali Hai at 7:00 A.M. / 10:00 A.M. / midday / 3:00 P.M. / 6:00 P.M.
- Depart from Koh Lan Na Baan at 7:30A.M. / 9:30A.M. /midday / 3:00P.M. /6:00 P.M.
*From July 15th onward until further notice
– Speedboats and tour boats must follow the current rules and go through Covid-19 checkpoints and screening when entering the island area. They are not permitted to dock remotely at beaches or locations without going through proper checkpoints.
Migrant worker rules
– Migrant workers that do not work or reside on the island are banned from entering Koh Larn until further notice.
– Migrant workers who already live and work on Koh Larn MUST register with the local committee and file appropriate paperwork or leave the island.
***Face masks must be worn at all times on the island when going outside, this includes the beach, driving a motorbike, and even if one is completely alone***
Notes: Measurements can be changed at any time based on the situation with Covid-19 in Chonburi, added the island leadership.
The original notice, for reference only, is in Thai below.
Join the discussion in our Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/438849630140035/or in the comments below.
Want to advertise with us or inquire about promoting your business, event, charity, or sporting event? E-mail us at Pattayanewseditor@gmail.com
Have a General news tip, press release, question, comment, etc? We are not interested in SEO proposals. Mail us at Pattayanewseditor@gmail.com