The Chonburi Department of Public Health announced 108 new and confirmed cases of Covid-19 today, June 16th.
This makes a total of 5,569 cases of Covid-19 in the current round of infections, with 877 still in medical care, and with a total of 34 recorded deaths in Chonburi since the start of this recent round of infections in early April.
Additionally, 4,658 people in total have now been released from medical care and fully recovered since this current wave began. 39 people were released yesterday.
The district-level new cases were as follows today:
Mueang Chonburi 30, Si Racha 38, Banglamung 17, Panat Nikhom 1, Sattahip 2, Ban Bueng 3, Pan Thong 3, Bor Thong 13, and one new case transferred from other provinces for medical care.
The details on the cases are as follows:
- Workers from migrant camps who moved from Bangkok, 10 cases
- Risky occupations who meet many people, 2 cases
- Contact from a previously confirmed case in Bangkok, 2 cases
- Contact from a previously confirmed case from New Market cluster, 14 cases
- Contact from a previously confirmed case from Baan Thung Market cluster, 6 cases
- Contact from a previously confirmed case living together with migrant workers, 5 cases
- Contact from a previously confirmed case in family back from Samut Prakan, 1 cases
- General close contacts:
- Family members of previously confirmed cases, 23 cases
- Co-workers of previously confirmed patients, 15 cases
- Close contacts under investigation, 16 cases
- Under investigation in general, 14 cases
In the last day, a total of 307 close contacts were tested from contact tracing, and 139 people were tested in proactive testing when medical staff goes out into the community. All are pending results.
Join the discussion in our Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/438849630140035/ or in the comments below.
Want to advertise with us or inquire about promoting your business, event, charity, or sporting event? E-mail us at Pattayanewseditor@gmail.com