At 10:10 AM on February 7th, 2024, Thai Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin welcomed Gen. Hun Manet, the Cambodia Prime Minister, and his wife on their first official visit to Thailand.
The Thai Prime Minister and the Cambodia Prime Minister would convene in a full assembly and jointly witness the signing of five bilateral cooperation agreements between Thailand and Cambodia, including:
- Memorandum of Understanding on Cooperation in Disaster Risk Reduction and Emergency Response between Thailand and Cambodia.
- Memorandum of Understanding on Academic, Scientific, and Technological Cooperation between the Ministry of Education, Science, Research, and Innovation between Thailand and Cambodia.
- Memorandum of Understanding on Cross-Border Trade Facilitation between the Thai Customs Department and the Cambodian General Department of Customs and Excise.
- Memorandum of Understanding between the Export-Import Bank of Thailand and the Cambodian Chamber of Commerce to promote trade and investment between Thailand and Cambodia.
- Memorandum of Understanding between the Thai Chamber of Commerce and the Cambodian Chamber of Commerce.
This visit to Thailand was the first official visit of the Prime Minister of Cambodia, which was an opportunity to expand cooperation in various prospects for the mutual benefit of Thailand and Cambodia, according to Thai national media.
It would particularly result in the development of the border area economy, increasing trade and investment, promoting transportation connectivity, and promoting tourism between the two countries, as well as strengthening people-to-people relations, according to Thai national media.