Fire Guts Pattaya Condo, No Injuries Reported

Pattaya —

A fire broke out at a condominium complex in Pattaya on Tuesday night, August 29th. No injuries were reported.

Five fire engines were dispatched to a popular Condominium in South Pattaya, Nongprue sub-district of Banglamung district, Chonburi province, at 8:30 PM yesterday following a report of a fire.

The firemen evacuated the condo residents from the 24-storey building. They then used aerial ladders to spray water to contain the fire that had originated from a room on the 9th floor. The fire was quickly extinguished with no reports of injuries.

The Pattaya News interviewed an affected condo resident, 22-year-old Mr. Yanwarut Buarat. He said that he lived next door to the room where the blaze broke out. He noticed smoke spreading throughout the floor. Upon realizing that there was a fire, he immediately rushed down the fire escape to safety along with others.

Ms. Sirikwan Kamkwan, 34, the owner of the room where the fire broke out, stated that she was not in her room at the time. She received a call from the staff informing her about the fire and quickly rushed back to the building. She said that she was unsure if she had left any devices or kitchen items plugged in and on or not.

Meanwhile, the firemen, after examining the incident scene, reported that the fire initially broke out on a washing machine located on the balcony outside the room. They suspected that the cause of the fire was an electrical short circuit.

The incident was still under investigation as of press time. The name of the condo complex was withheld pending the final investigation.

Aim Tanakorn
The local news translator at The Pattaya News. Aim is a twenty-four year old who currently lives in Bangkok. Interested in English translation, story-telling, and entrepreneurship, he believes that hard-working is an indispensable component of every success in this world.