Pattaya Apartment Fire Forces Residents to Flee, No Injuries

Pattaya —

Several residents of an apartment complex in Pattaya were forced to leave their cozy rooms at night on Sunday, August 20th, when a fire suddenly erupted.

A video of this fire can be seen here.

The blaze took place around 10 PM at an apartment complex named by authorities as Sunee Apartments. A fire engine and a team of firefighters responded to the scene on Soi Sunee Plaza in the Nongprue sub-district of Banglamung district, Chonburi province.

Several apartment residents, including foreign nationals, were safely evacuated from their units. Smoke was seen billowing out from a room on the second floor of the four-story building.

Firefighters used ladders to reach the second floor and broke through the windows of the burning room to spray water on the flames. After approximately 30 minutes, they successfully extinguished the fire.

Upon investigation, it was determined that the fire originated from an electric cooker before spreading and causing damage throughout the room.

During the authorities’ inspection, they received a report from a tenant that there was a person still trapped inside one of the apartment rooms.

They discovered that the door was locked from the outside, preventing the individual from exiting. The officials then cut the lock and safely assisted the person in coming out. This individual was an unidentified tourist from Kuwait and was unharmed. He explained that his spouse had gone to work and had locked the door from the outside while he was sleeping.

The officials were assessing the financial damage of the incident.

Aim Tanakorn
The local news translator at The Pattaya News. Aim is a twenty-four year old who currently lives in Bangkok. Interested in English translation, story-telling, and entrepreneurship, he believes that hard-working is an indispensable component of every success in this world.