Chonburi police have warned women in the province of a loose serial rapist who reportedly raped and robbed multiple victims using a dating application.
The photo of the suspect, Mr. Wattana Srikhaney, alias Tum Chonburi, has been released on social media by law enforcement officers in a bid to arrest him, after he has reportedly committed various rape and robbery incidents against several women.
According to police, Wattana approached victims by disguising himself as a “nice guy” on the Omi app to lure victims into meeting him and taking them on a date. He then took the unfortunate women to a secluded location and raped them.
In one case, Wattana reportedly raped a woman at the edge of a rice field and abandoned her there completely naked. He also robbed some of the victims off their valuables, cash, and mobile phones. Police disclosed that Wattana has been involved in at least seven criminal cases, including:
- A rape in Phanat Nikhom district, Chonburi, on January 29th, 2009
- A theft in Phanat Nikhom district, Chonburi, on February 19th, 2009
- A rape in Phanat Nikhom district, Chonburi, on September 11st, 2011
- Charged with drug use in Khlong Luang district, Pathum Thani, on July 13th, 2017
- Charged with drug use in Si Racha district, Chonburi, on June 3rd, 2017
- A rape and a robbery in Chorakhe Noi area in Bangkok’s Lat Krabang district on April 27th, 2023
- A rape in Ko Chan district, Chonburi, on May 14th, 2023
Police also believed that there might be other women who fell victim to Wattana but were ashamed to file a police report. Officers are attempting to identify those women.
Wattana is currently on the loose, with police intensely searching for him.
The suspect is considered dangerous and if seen police should be called immediately.