Pattaya recently announced regulations for pet owners to prevent disease transmission between stray animals and domestic pets due to the rising stray animal population.
The regulations are in accordance with the 2019 Dogs and Cats Raising or Releasing Ordinance, which states:
- The raising and releasing of dogs and cats are prohibited in every public area and on North Pattaya Road from Sukhumvit Road to the Dolphin roundabout (This doesn’t mean you can’t have a dog in or cat in this area but means you can’t release them here or have them in public).
- Animal owners are only permitted to raise their animals in their own dwellings and not let them roam free on streets or public areas.
- Owners cannot raise more than two dogs within 72 square meters.
- Owners cannot raise more than three cats within 72 square meters.
- If the owners have more than the above numbers of pets, they must register them within 365 days in order to receive a pet identity card.
- If the owners of the pets change, the new owner must notify Pattaya officials within 30 days.
- Dogs and cats must have a rabies vaccination certificate granted by a veterinarian. Failing to do so is punishable by a fine of 10,000 baht.
Please dial 0 3811 1826 or Pattaya Contact Center 1337 for more information.
Want to advertise with us or inquire about promoting your business, event, charity, or sporting event? E-mail us at Pattayanewseditor@gmail.com