Banglamung, Chonburi –
An antique sedan reportedly caught fire while parked at the Amorn Na Kluea Market in Banglamung district on Sunday morning, August 21st.
Officials from the Banglamung Disaster Prevention and Mitigation Department and volunteers arrived at the scene around 10:00 AM. for inspection after being alerted to an unknown fire from a parked car at the market.
Local vendors had managed to put out the fire by the time the officials arrived. According to the official examination, the car was an old Volvo sedan with a Chonburi licensed plate. The fire was believed to have burst out from the engine room of the vehicle which was fully burned.
Car owner Apirak Tan, 80, told the officers that he was driving the car for shopping at the Amorn Na Kluea Market. It was an antique and had not installed any modern tanks. The car reportedly caught fire while he was inside the market.
The officials presumed that the cause of the fire was a short circuit. Luckily, nobody was injured.
Need Covid-19 insurance for your next trip to Thailand? Click here.
Follow us on Facebook
Join us on LINE for breaking alerts!