Bangkok Governor Chadchart Sittipunt today, June 24th, has signed an announcement approving seven areas in the capital for public gatherings.
The announcement is to maintain law and order while all kinds of gatherings can be staged to express their ideas and demands in line with a democratic constitution. The places are as follows:
- Lan Khon Mueang Town Square in Phra Nakhon District
- Bangkok Youth Center (Thai – Japanese) in Din Deang District
- The public area under Ratchawipha Bridge (near Soi Vibhavadi Rangsit 36) in Chatuchak District
- Parking lot in front of Phra Khanong District Office in Phra Khanong District
- 72nd Anniversary Stadium in Min Buri District
- Chalerm Phrakiat Bang Mod Stadium in Bang Mod District
- Monton Pirom Park in Taling Chan District
The gathering organizer must notify the use of the venue to the district officials in not less than 24 hours prior to the assembly in order for the officers to prepare and provide convenience and safety for the participants.
During the gathering, the organizers and the demonstrators must not damage any of the government properties. If damages are found, the organizers and the demonstrators are responsible for all damages.
Follow us on Facebook