The Chonburi Governor, in partnership with the communicable disease committee, released new Covid-19 related orders tonight, May 31st, 2022.
The orders, in Thai, are below. However, here are the highlights. This is not a word-for-word translation but rather a summary.
-Bars, karaoke, pubs, nightclubs, gogos, soapies, etc can open effective June 1st, like bars, clubs, etc, and not converted restaurants but must meet the following criteria:
1. Have completed Thai Stop Covid 2 Plus assessment.
2. Can legally sell alcohol and open until Midnight
3. All staff must be completely vaccinated against Covid-19, including a booster.
4. If staff is in “close contact” with customers, they must wear a mask.
5. Covid-19 testing must be performed weekly with antigen test kits on all staff.
6. Self-assessments of staff should be done through the Thai Save Thai application
7. Owners must check customers are fully vaccinated, including a booster dose, before letting them in. There is no ATK for customers at entrance requirement anymore for alcohol serving venues, this was removed.
8. Customers over 60, pregnant, or at-risk are “suggested” to not go to entertainment venues due to the risk of Covid-19.
-All other categories of businesses can open “normally” but under Ministry of Public Health precautions.
A link to the order, in Thai, is here.