1,203 new confirmed cases of Covid-19 in Chonburi today
- 3,885 positive ATK (rapid antigen) tests were reported but all require a second confirmed PCR test before being counted as official cases. The ATK positive tests are just “possible” cases until confirmed by PCR. TPN notes, however, that second confirmed tests are no longer mandatory except for high-risk groups.
1,133 (PCR) and 1,930 (ATK) recovered and were released from medical care
One new death
The Chonburi Department of Public Health announced 1203 new and confirmed cases of Covid-19 today with one new death, March 12th, 2022.
This makes a total of 53,386 cases (PCR) and 56,333 cases (ATK) of Covid-19 in the current round of infections, with 10,916 (PCR) and 24,663 (ATK) people still under medical care/supervision, and with a total of 85 recorded deaths in Chonburi since the start of this recent round of infections at the beginning of this year, January 2022.
Additionally, 1,133 (PCR) and 1,930(ATK) people were also released and recovered yesterday in Chonburi. 42,385 (PCR) and 31,670 (ATK) people in total have now been released from medical care and recovered in Chonburi since this current wave of Covid-19 began at the beginning of this year, January 2022.
The district-level new cases were as follows today:
- Work and stayed in Rayong, transferred from other provinces for medical care, 78 cases
- Cluster, Fujitsu General company in Si Racha, 9 cases
- Risky occupations meeting many people, 46 cases
- 32 medical personnel
- 6 back from other provinces from Bangkok (3), Khon Kaen (1), Prachuap Khiri Khan (1), Prachinburi (1)
- Close contacts from previously confirmed cases in families – 285 cases, in workplaces –137 cases, close personal contacts – 80 cases, and joined a party – 2 case
- Close contacts of a confirmed patient (under investigation), 53 cases
- 475 cases close contacts of a confirmed patient (under investigation)