Man seriously injured from electric shock while installing advertising sign in Banglamung

Banglamung –

A 34 -year-old man has sustained serious injuries after suffering a significant electric shock while installing an advertising sign before falling down from ten meters high in Banglamung.

The Banglamung Police were notified of the incident at 6:00 P.M. yesterday (October 26th) in Soi Sukhumvit Pattaya 49 in Nongprue.

Emergency responders and The Pattaya News arrived at the scene to find Mr. Sathit Menpuen, 34, on the ground. He had sustained severe injuries from burning to his face, although had survived the ten-meter fall without major injuries. He was rushed to a local hospital.

His colleagues told police they were installing an advertising sign when they believe one of their tools connected with a high voltage wire by accident. Mr. Sathit suffered a severe electric shock and fell down from ten meters high. He had not been wearing any safety equipment to help him stay suspended above the ground.

As of press time, Mr. Sathit remained in a local hospital but was expected to make a full recovery despite the horrific accident.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=–=–=–=–==-

Have a General news tip, press release, question, comment, etc? We are not interested in SEO proposals. Mail us at Pattayanewseditor@gmail.com

 

Goong is a News Translator who has worked professionally for multiple news organizations in Thailand for many years and has worked with The Pattaya News for closing in on three years. Specializes primarily in local news for Pattaya, Chonburi and Phuket, with emphasis on translation between Thai to English and working as an intermediary between reporters and English speaking writers. Originally from Nakhon Si Thammarat, but lives in Phuket except when commuting between the two.