359 new confirmed cases of Covid-19 in Chonburi today
753 people recovered and were released from medical care
5 new deaths
The Chonburi Department of Public Health announced 359 new and confirmed cases of Covid-19 today with 5 new deaths, October 21st.
This makes a total of 97,985 cases of Covid-19 in the current round of infections, with 6,843 people still under medical care/supervision, and with a total of 689 recorded deaths in Chonburi since the start of this recent round of infections in early April.
Additionally, 753 people were also released and recovered yesterday in Chonburi. 90,453 people in total have now been released from medical care and recovered in Chonburi since this current wave of Covid-19 began.
As for the five new deaths yesterday, all them were elders at the average age of 71. They were close contacts from previous confirmed cases in families according to the Chonburi Department of Public Health. Most of them had chronic health problems. Four of them were vaccinated.
The district-level new cases were as follows today:
Mueang Chonburi 101, Si Racha 68, Banglamung (Pattaya) 49, Panat Nikhom 9, Sattahip 38, Ban Bueang 6, Phan Thong 11, Ko Chan 9, Nong Yai 1, soldiers in Sattahip 15, and 52 people transferred from other provinces for medical care.
The details on the cases are as follows:
- Cluster, soldiers in Sattahip, 15 cases
- Cluster, Vanda Pac company in Mueang Chonburi, 5 cases
- Cluster, IJTT company in Mueang Chonburi, 5 cases
- Many enterprises in Rayong and other provinces, 39 cases
- Risky occupation, meeting a lot of people, 12 cases
- 3 medical staff
- Back from risky areas in Rayong, 3 cases
- Close contacts of confirmed patients in 111 families, in 72 workplaces and 13 from close friends.
- Close contact of a confirmed patient (under investigation), 16 cases
- 65 cases in general are under investigation as to how they contracted Covid-19