Bangkok 14th October 2021 – Assoc. Prof. Pasit Lorterapong, (Middle) Deputy Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Higher Education, Science, Research and Innovation together with Ms. Helga Stellmacher, (2nd from right) Director, the British Council in Thailand launched the Thai-UK World-class University Consortium, aiming to push forward 15 programs from 7 Thai universities into the world’s top rankings.
The Consortium is expected to lead international collaboration between higher education sectors in the two countries, as well as supporting the journey of Thai universities towards excellence in teaching, research, and innovation capability as the key factors for achieving higher rankings in the world universities rankings. The launching of the consortium was held recently at Pathumwan Princess Hotel.
Seen in the picture (from left to right)
- Ms. Thidaporn Wareenin, Education Manager, the British Council in Thailand
- Mr. Panspermia Aruni, Senior Human Resource Development Specialist, Office of Permanent Secretary, MHESI
- Assoc. Prof. Pasit Lorterapong, Deputy Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Higher Education, Science, Research and Innovation
- Ms. Helga Stellmacher, Director, the British Council in Thailand
- Ms. Chanya Tangsuk, Head of Education and Science, the British Council in Thailand
# # #
About the British Council
The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We build connections, understanding, and trust between people in the UK and other countries through arts and culture, education, and the English language. Last year we reached over 80 million people directly and 791 million people overall including online, and through broadcasts and publications. Founded in 1934 we are a UK charity governed by the Royal Charter and a UK public body. We receive a 15 percent core funding grant from the UK government.