973 new confirmed cases of Covid-19 in Chonburi today
889 people recovered and were released from medical care
12 new deaths
The Chonburi Department of Public Health announced 973 new and confirmed cases of Covid-19 today with 12 new deaths, September 16th.
This makes a total of 76,817 cases of Covid-19 in the current round of infections, with 13,609 people still under medical care/supervision, and with a total of 541 recorded deaths in Chonburi since the start of this recent round of infections in early April. The details on yesterday’s 12 new deaths were not given, which is standard for the health department.
Additionally, 889 people were also released and recovered yesterday in Chonburi. 62,667 people in total have now been released from medical care and recovered in Chonburi since this current wave of Covid-19 began.
The district-level new cases were as follows today:
Mueang Chonburi 226, Si Racha 241, Banglamung (Pattaya) 124, Panat Nikhom 55, Sattahip 119, Ban Bueang 99, Pan Thong 43, ฺBor Thong 4, Ko Chan 16, Nong Yai 4, Koh Sichang 1, and 41 transferred from other provinces for medical care.
The details on the cases are as follows:
- Cluster, military conscripts in Sattahip, 38 cases
- Cluster, soldiers area in Sattahip, 9 cases
- Cluster, TR Insulation company in Sattahip, 9 cases
- Cluster, Mitsubishi Motor company in Si Racha, 9 cases
- Cluster, TIP Metal Industries company in Si Racha, 10 cases
- Cluster, Yamata Polymer company in Si Racha, 8 cases
- Cluster, Acushnet Footjoy company in Si Racha, 6 cases
- Cluster, Thai Jurong Engineering company in Ban Bueng, 11 cases
- Cluster, Kasem Engineering & Consultant company in Ban Bueng, 6 cases
- Cluster, Hongfa Technology company in Ban Bueng, 6 cases
- Cluster, Sheng Thai Brassware company in Koh Chan, 5 cases
- Cluster, Chian Chang Machine company in Mueang Chonburi, 4 cases
- Cluster, Copacabana Jomtien company in Banglamung, 4 cases
- A risky occupation, meeting a lot of people, 32 cases
- 3 medical staff
- Many establishments in Rayong Province brought to Chonburi for medical care, 35 cases
- Back from risky area in Rayong – 2 cases, Kanchanaburi – 1 case, Trat – 1 case, and Bangkok – 1 case
- Close contacts of confirmed patients in the family – 297 cases, in workplaces – 190 cases, close friends – 15 cases, and joined parties, 8 cases
- Close contacts of confirmed patients (under investigation), 69 cases
- 195 cases are under investigation in general as to the cause of the disease
A total of 1,067 close contact searches were received today, and 302 proactive search reports are pending.
There are currently clusters of outbreaks in 72 establishments and five markets, 10 construction worker camps, and four communities.