The Chonburi Department of Public Health announced 175 new and confirmed cases of Covid-19 today, June 20th. This is the highest number of cases since the start of the recent round of infections in April, driven by two large clusters at migrant worker dormitories in Mueang Chonburi and Si Racha.
This makes a total of 6,106 cases of Covid-19 in the current round of infections, with 1,183 still in medical care, and with a total of 35 recorded deaths in Chonburi since the start of this recent round of infections in early April.
Additionally, 4,888 people in total have now been released from medical care and fully recovered since this current wave began. 53 people were released yesterday.
The district-level new cases were as follows today:
Mueang Chonburi 83, Si Racha 64, Banglamung 9, Sattahip 14, Pan Thong 1, Nong Yai 1, and three new cases transferred from other provinces for medical care.
The details on the cases are as follows:
Large cluster at a migrant community dormitory in Soi Ratchaprasit Mueang Chonburi 66 cases
- Foreign migrant workers camp, Si Racha district, 55 cases
- Risky occupation that meets a lot of people 2 cases
- Close contact with confirmed patients, traveling from Bangkok, 4 cases
- Online bars, Soi 6, Bang Lamung District, 1 person
- Close contact with confirmed patients from 5 new market clusters
- Close contact of a confirmed patient (in a market in Sattahip) 8 cases
- Overall close contacts of confirmed patients:
11 family members
- Close contact of confirmed patients (Which is under investigation) 6 cases
- 14 cases are under investigation in general
A total of 306 contact searches were received today, 1,035 initial proactive searches, and more proactive search reports are pending.
The Chonburi Governor over the weekend (June 18th) has ordered a temporary lockdown of an area where many migrant workers live in the Mueang Chonburi district due to many confirmed cases of Covid -19.
The Chonburi Governor also (June 18th) has ordered a temporary closure of a zone in a popular market in the Mueang Chonburi district due to many confirmed cases of Covid -19.https://thepattayanews.com/2021/06/18/chonburi-orders-temporary-closure-of-zone-in-new-market-in-chonburi-following-covid-19-cluster/