A 28-year-old Thai man has been pronounced dead this morning (January 23rd) in Banglamung while reportedly listening to headphones while charging his phone.
Lieutenant Colonel Chaihan Pimchan of The Pattaya City Police was notified of the incident at 8:30 A.M.at a person room at the Dream Boys a gogo in Soi Pattaya 13/3, on Pattaya Beach Road in Nongprue.
Police, emergency responders, and The Pattaya News arrived at the scene to find the body of Mr. Weerachai Pasri, 28, from Sisaket.
He was lying on a mattress wearing headphones and with his phone attached to a charging station which was plugged into an electrical outlet.
He had significant burn marks on his hand. No signs of a struggle or distress were found in his room or on his body.
Police believed that Mr. Weerachai died at least four hours before his body was discovered by a co-worker.
His colleague, who was not named, told Pattaya police that they work together at the place although it is currently temporarily closed due to Covid-19 coronavirus restrictions. However, they live in the building and were waiting for the venue to be able to be given permission to open again. This morning, the colleague knocked on his room door to try to wake him up for breakfast but there was no answer.
The colleague managed to open the door before discovered that his friend was dead.
A doctor at the scene said the cause of death was likely electrocution while he was sleeping. However, an autopsy will be conducted on the body to determine the exact cause of death.
Join the discussion in our Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/438849630140035/ or in the comments below.