Garbage burning alarms locals after grass fire in Banglamung


A local resident who set on fire several garbage piles caused a widespread grass fire in Banglamung last night (December 20th).

Khao Maikaew firefighters were notified of the fire at 8:00 PM in Baan Ko Khao.

They and The Pattaya News arrived at the scene to find the fire was ablaze at a grass field near several local houses.

It took more than one hour to control the fire. No injuries were reported, however the blaze came dangerously close to several homes and only the combined efforts of multiple firefighters managed to extinguish the blaze overall and stop any further issues.

Mrs. Praloam S., 45, told The Pattaya News, “I set a fire to burn the garbage piles in the late afternoon.”

“There were strong winds which caused the fire to spread very quickly on the grass. I didn’t intend to cause this level of a fire.” She added.

It is unclear at this time if Banglamung Law Enforcement will be pressing any charges relating to the fire and only stated they are investigating the incident. Technically, The Pattaya News notes, burning of fields and garbage is prohibited but rarely enforced.

Local authorities have warned local residents about burning fires during dry weather and strong wind. If anyone sees fires on the side on the road or in forests please call 038072634, 038072635 or hotline 199.

Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter and get all our news delivered to you in one spam-free daily e-mail Click here!

Follow us on FacebookTwitterGoogle NewsInstagramTiktokYoutubePinterestParlerFlipboard or Tumblr

Join the discussion in our Facebook group or in the comments below.

Want to advertise with us or inquire about us promoting your business, event, charity or local sport, etc? E-mail us at

Have a General news tip, press release, question, comment, etc? We are not interested in SEO proposals. Mail us at

User Review
4 (1 vote)