Chonburi father gives warning after millipede found inside his daughter’s shoe, causes injuries


A concerned father in Chonburi has warned of hidden dangers after his young daughter was injured by a millipede hiding in her shoe this week.

The seven year old girl, named Ploy, explained to The Pattaya News while accompanied by her father that: “It had been raining heavily over the last few days and I was running late for school so I quickly put on my school shoes without checking them first. Inside one of them was a millipede which caused an allergic reaction and minor injuries.”

Mr. Eakksak Sermsri, who is the girl’s father, has warned other parents to look inside their children’s shoes before letting them wear it. With the rainy season in full effect Chonburi has many potentially dangerous insects and animals that may take shelter inside.

Mr. Eakksak added that they normally do check but they were in a hurry and forgot to look first. Luckily, it was only a millipede and not not another more dangerous animal.


Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter and get all our news delivered to you in one spam-free daily e-mail Click here!

Follow us on FacebookTwitterGoogle NewsInstagramTiktokYoutubePinterestParlerFlipboard or Tumblr

Join the discussion in our Facebook group or in the comments below.

Image after post content
Goong Nang is a News Translator who has worked professionally for multiple news organizations in Thailand for many years and has worked with The Pattaya News for more than four years. Specializes primarily in local news for Phuket, Pattaya, and also some national news, with emphasis on translation between Thai to English and working as an intermediary between reporters and English-speaking writers. Originally from Nakhon Si Thammarat, but lives in Phuket and Krabi except when commuting between the three.