Greetings to all our readers and supporters!
We have gathered together here our top LOCAL stories that happened in our areas, Pattaya and Chonburi, in the last week from Monday, November 27th, to Sunday, December 3rd, 2023.
The stories are chosen by our editorial team and are not in any particular order of importance but roughly in order of publishing.
1. Loy Krathong Celebration in Pattaya Draws Significant Interest from Visitors
It was a wonderful festival attended by thousands on Pattaya Beach.
2. Some Pattaya Tourism Operators Object to Late-Night Bar Operations on Beach Road
A number of Pattaya tourism operators have voiced their concerns over the idea of allowing nighttime venues on Beach Road to operate until 4 AM, citing concerns about noise pollution, safety, and the overall impact on the city’s image.
3. Australian Tourist Allegedly Loses 200,000 Baht to Pickpocket on Pattaya Tour Bus
The incident was quite challenging for Pattaya police as there was no CCTV cameras on the bus.
4. Pattaya Entertainment Sector Set to Celebrate New Year Overnight Until 6 AM
Bars and clubs in Pattaya are set to celebrate the New Year with extended operating hours until 6 AM on January 1st, 2024, following the recent decision of the Thai Cabinet. However, it could be limited by zones.
5. Belgian Tourist Impaled by Metal Wire on Pattaya Footpath
The tourist was safe, and the problematic wire was already dealt with by Pattaya authorities.
6. 15th Annual Naklua Walk and Eat Festival Kicks Off in Style
Every Saturday and Sunday except Christmas and New Year’s in Naklua near the old fish market from 4PM to late.
That’s all for this week, as always thanks for your support!