Giant Python Causes Electrical Fire in Pattaya, Snake Survives

Pattaya —

A 3-meter-long python slithered along an electrical wire and caused an electrical fire in Soi Buakhao 15, Pattaya, on the morning of September 11th. The snake survived the incident with minor burns and injuries.

A power outage was reported at Soi Buakhao 15 in Pattaya around 5:06 AM today, followed by a fire that erupted on overhead communication wires in the alley. The outage lasted for almost three hours at some venues and condos in the area.

Sawang Boriboon rescue workers, firemen, and The Pattaya News reporters rushed to the scene to find flames vigorously burning on a power pole situated near an ongoing construction site within Soi Buakhao 15. It took the authorities about 20 minutes to finally subdue the flames.

To their surprise, the rescue team found a large python, weighing around 15 kilograms and measuring about 3 meters in length, coiling at the base of the burned power pole. Upon inspection, it was found that the snake had suffered burn injuries from the flames, causing some of its scales to come off.

An eyewitness to the incident, Mr. Kiattisak Trakultum, 23, told The Pattaya News that he witnessed the snake climbing up to the top of the pole and slithering along a wire, leading to the fire.

The python suffered an electrical shock and subsequently fell from the pole, plunging the entire alley into temporary darkness.

Sawang Boriboon rescue workers stated that they will treat the python’s injuries before releasing it back into nature. It is unclear if the incident will set back seemingly never-ending construction in the area.

Join the discussion in our Facebook group in the comments below.

Aim Tanakorn
The local news translator at The Pattaya News. Aim is a twenty-four year old who currently lives in Bangkok. Interested in English translation, story-telling, and entrepreneurship, he believes that hard-working is an indispensable component of every success in this world.