The following is a weekly feature article looking at this same time period LAST year in Pattaya and Thailand news.
This weekly feature takes a look back at news from the same period last year (and sometimes different time windows, such as six months or three months) to see how things have changed, follow up on the progression of stories, as well as look at potentially broken promises or things that didn’t take place as promised in Pattaya and Thailand.
As we publish dozens of stories a week this is a quick way for people to take a look at what the biggest stories were a year ago, as chosen by our editorial team, and how they impact us today and relate to current news. However, they are in no particular order of importance, roughly in order of publication.
This week, we cover the third week of December 2021, from Sunday, December 12th, 2021 to Saturday, December 18th, 2021.
1. Pattaya bar, tourism, and entertainment venue owners hold a major meeting with numerous government officials, and call for legal reopening
Pattaya bar, tourism, and entertainment venue operators are calling for the legal reopening of their venues before the major Pattaya New Year’s festival and Countdown. Unfortunately, full legal opening not as “restaurants” took another six months.
Pattaya bar, tourism, and entertainment venue owners hold major meeting with numerous government officials, call for legal reopening
2. Chonburi Police crack down on crane machine games in Bang Saen
Chonburi police continue crackdown on crane machine games in Bang Saen mall
3. Air quality reaches an unhealthy level in five provinces in Thailand due to PM.2.5 accumulation
Air quality remains an issue year after year in Thailand.
Air quality reaches an unhealthy level in five provinces in Thailand due to PM.2.5 accumulation
4. Five-time raided a restaurant in Pattaya breaking Covid rules raided and closed yet again.
The situation seems to be resolved as they are now legally open a year later.
Chonburi governor orders temporary closure for a restaurant raided five times recently near the Bali Hai Pier
5. Injured female baby elephant, shot and left for dead by poachers, recovers in Pattaya after operation to remove multiple bullets
This story captured the fascination of our readers, but tragically the baby elephant did latter pass away.
UPDATE: Injured female baby elephant, shot and left for dead by poachers, recovers in Pattaya after operation to remove multiple bullets
That is all for this week, have a very merry and safe Christmas.