The following is a weekly feature article looking at this same time period LAST year in Pattaya and Thailand news.
This weekly feature takes a look back at news from the same period last year (and sometimes different time windows, such as six months or three months) to see how things have changed, follow up on the progression of stories, as well as look at potentially broken promises or things that didn’t take place as promised in Pattaya and Thailand.
As we publish dozens of stories a week this is a quick way for people to take a look at what the biggest stories were a year ago, as chosen by our editorial team, and how they impact us today and relate to current news. However, they are in no particular order of importance, roughly in order of publication.
This week, we cover the last week of November 2021/the first week of December 2021, from Sunday, November 28th, 2021 to Saturday, December 4th, 2021.
1. The majority of Thai people never watch pornography and oppose legal pornography, NIDA Poll reports
Many readers criticized this poll.
2. Entertainment venue in Banglamung was raided this morning for allegedly illegally selling alcoholic beverages, breaking Covid-19 rules
An entertainment venue in the Banglamung district was raided by officials in the early hours of this morning, November 28th, for allegedly illegally selling alcoholic beverages and violating the Chonburi Communicable Disease Control Act.
3. Pattaya City Mayor pushing to allow alcohol sales in restaurants and to reopen entertainment venues as a test zone in Pattaya after Fireworks Festival was a success
The Pattaya City Mayor, Sontaya Kunplome, said that he is pushing provincial and national government officials to allow alcohol sales in restaurants and for entertainment venues to legally reopen as a test area in Pattaya after the Pattaya Fireworks Festival has, according to him, succeeded with lots of tourists and few major problems.
4. Female Russian tourist seriously injured after being attacked and robbed at Bali Hai Pier in broad daylight, suspect arrested
5. Business operators rejoice after alcohol sales and drinks are allowed in qualified restaurants in Pattaya, what is the next step?
Business operators have rejoiced in Pattaya after alcohol sales and drinks were finally allowed in qualified restaurants yesterday, after an 8-month ban/prohibition due to Covid-19 regulations in Chonburi.
That is it for this week, see you next week.