The following is a weekly feature article looking at this same time period LAST year in Pattaya and Thailand news.
This weekly feature takes a look back at news from the same period last year (and sometimes different time windows, such as six months or three months) to see how things have changed, follow up on the progression of stories, as well as look at potentially broken promises or things that didn’t take place as promised in Pattaya and Thailand.
As we publish dozens of stories a week this is a quick way for people to take a look at what the biggest stories were a year ago, as chosen by our editorial team, and how they impact us today and relate to current news. However, they are in no particular order of importance, roughly in order of publication.
This week, we cover the second week of October 2021, from Sunday, October 17th, 2021 to Saturday, October 23rd, 2021.
1. Many Thais do not want to open the country to tourists without quarantine.
Luckily, the country DID reopen despite concerns from some.
2. 150th annual Chonburi Buffalo Festival held, but in a majorly toned-down manner due to Covid-19 concerns-Photos
The annual Chonburi Buffalo Racing Festival, the 150th Annual Edition, was held but toned down due to Covid.
3. Details released on Thailand reopening.
4. Chonburi/Pattaya confirms overnight Covid-19 curfew will end on Halloween, October 31st
The hated curfew finally ended.
5. Wanted foreigner and his Thai girlfriend arrested in Pattaya area after allegedly transferring illegal drugs overseas
A wanted foreigner and his Thai girlfriend were arrested in the Pattaya area on Tuesday (October 19th) after allegedly being involved in transferring illegal drugs overseas, according to a report from Thai law enforcement.
That is all for this week, stay safe and see you soon.