Gas tank causes fire at Chinese tourists’s rental home in Pattaya

Pattaya —

A fire reportedly caused by a malfunctioning gas tank burned the kitchen of a Chinese man’s house in Pattaya yesterday, October 16th.

The Pattaya fire crew and rescue services rushed to a house in the Sabaijai village in the Nongprue subdistrict of Banglamung to extinguish a fire that broke out around midday.

A group of Chinese tourists stayed in the house, and they were all in a panic about the fire, according to rescue workers. The fire crew sprayed water into the kitchen and took only a moment to snuff out the fire.

The kitchen was totally incinerated, a firefighter told The Pattaya News, and he brought a burnt gas tank outside for an inspection. The Chinese tourists said they had just bought a gas tank, and while they were cooking yesterday, a large fire suddenly erupted and spread so quickly they could not put it out by themselves.

Nobody was harmed by the fire, according to Pattaya firefighters. Law enforcement would look into the case to establish the exact cause of the incident.


Join the discussion in our Facebook group in the comments below.

The Latest Local News Translator at The Pattaya News. Aim is a twenty-two year old who currently lives and studies his last year of college in Bangkok. Interested in English translation, story-telling, and entrepreneurship, he believes that hard-working is an indispensable component of every success in this world.