Mueang District, Chonburi —
A fire broke out at a wooden house in Chonburi early this morning, September 21st, killing a 52-year-old disabled man and two chained dogs.
A fire was reported at 2:10 A.M. at a one-storey wooden house in Soi Pitsathan in the Bang Pla Soi subdistrict of Mueang district, Chonburi. Seven fire trucks and Chonburi rescue services rushed to the scene immediately after getting the report.
Due to gusty winds last night, the fire had spread to two adjacent houses and was arduously put out after an hour. However, the fire had totally burned down the wooden house of Mr. Suriya Iam-sawat, a 52-year-old impaired person, and killed him along with his two chained dogs.
Chonburi official Mr. Sukhon Suwansaksin said that he found many cars parked on the side of the road leading to the victim’s house, obstructing the fire crew. He also warned other residents of old wires because they could cause a short circuit.
As of press time, it was still not clear if the fire was caused by a short circuit, according to police reports. The victim remains at a hospital, awaiting his relatives to proceed with religious rites.
Join the discussion in our Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/438849630140035/or in the comments below.