A three-year-old child suffered a severe electric shock after touching a metal chain near Bang saray Beach in Sattahip and was hospitalized.
Local media visited Ms. Pornchita Sawang-rom, 22, at a hospital today, September 1st, after a story about her poor three-year-old son who got electrocuted after touching a metal chain and sustained injuries sparked criticism on Thai social media.
According to Pornchita, the terrifying incident took place around 8 p.m. on August 30th in the Sattahip district of Chonburi. Her son was walking down Bangsaray Beach with her and came to look at a propeller memorial on the beachside that was decorated with two fences and metal chains.
Suddenly, the three-year-old son screamed in pain and surprised her mother after he grabbed one metal chain. The mother said a good Samaritan fortunately reached her son first and pulled him away from the chain, saving him from serious injuries. The unnamed Samaritan said he also felt an electric shock when he touched the child.
The boy, according to local media, suffered a burn wound to his palm. He was still recovering in a hospital as of press time.
Local media went to check on the propeller memorial and found an exposed wire connected to a metal fence. The wire was completely tattered and could shock anyone, especially on a rainy day, so Peng Buahom, acting municipal director of Bangsaray subdistrict, was called to handle the issue.
Initially, the official said he would cover the three-year-old’s medical expenses and direct the city workers to fix the wire. Bangsaray officials apologized for the incident, Peng stated.
Join the discussion in our Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/438849630140035/or in the comments below.