Pattaya authorities have unofficially announced seven rules to be enforced on Walking Street.
The rules mostly have an impact on venue operators, but some are noteworthy for visitors as well.
- The road will be closed for traffic at 9 p.m. and reopen at 5 a.m. for delivery vehicles. Vehicles are allowed to enter the area during this restricted period only under emergency circumstances.
- All types of heavy vehicles such as six-wheeled trucks or concrete trucks cannot drive on Walking Street as it will damage the surface.
- Parking of cars on even and odd days as usual.
- All venues must not place their garbage bags outside until the garbage truck arrives at 5 a.m.
- All signs and awnings that overly protrude on the street must be altered and made parallel to the venue (more details coming) to provide access to a fire truck.
- Placing products on the street is not allowed, but one can sell in front of a venue if asking for proper permission.
- The venues that have a higher foundation than the road need to deal with their entry by themselves.
These rules came after the resurfacing of Walking Street is now approximately 95% done. The next meeting to review these rules will take place on September 8th at 3 p.m.
Join the discussion in our Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/438849630140035/or in the comments below.