The following is a weekly feature article looking at this same time period LAST year in Pattaya and Thailand news.
This weekly feature takes a look back at news from the same period last year (and sometimes different time windows, such as six months or three months) to see how things have changed, follow up on the progression of stories, as well as look at potentially broken promises or things that didn’t take place as promised in Pattaya and Thailand.
As we publish dozens of stories a week this is a quick way for people to take a look at what the biggest stories were a year ago, as chosen by our editorial team, and how they impact us today and relate to current news. They are in no particular order of importance, however, are roughly in order of publication.
This week, we cover the last full week of May 2021, from Sunday, May 30th, 2021, to Saturday, June 5th, 2021.
1. Thai Covid Center stops reopening of parks and massage shops in Bangkok, social media outraged
This year, the back and forth is on mask mandates, last year it was public parks.
Update: CCSA puts the brakes on relaxing some measures in Bangkok for at least two more weeks
CCSA sudden overruling of Bangkok’s business resolution to loosen some Covid-19 measures prompts public outcry
2. Businesses plead with Thai government to end alcohol ban at restaurants
Unfortunately, the ban was only lifted in December of 2021 after protests and anger from business owners.
Thai Brewers Association urges government to revoke ban of alcohol sales in restaurants
3. Video news: 23 suspected gamblers arrested at Pattaya pool villa during a gambling den raid
The following is video news of 23 suspected gamblers arrested at a Pattaya pool villa during a gambling den raid.
Video news: 23 suspected gamblers arrested at Pattaya pool villa during a gambling den raid
4. Overnight Thai national celebrity now in custody for alleged murder: A summary of “Uncle Pon” and his life after the death of Nong “Chompoo” case
Overnight national celebrity “Uncle Pon”……
Overnight Thai national celebrity now in custody for alleged murder: A summary of “Uncle Pon” and his life after the death of Nong “Chompoo” case
5. Homeless situation in Pattaya worsening according to local officials, some residents worried about Covid-19 in the homeless population
Local residents in Pattaya have expressed concern to Pattaya press about both an increase in homeless in the local area as well as concerns around Covid-19 in the homeless population.
Homeless situation in Pattaya worsening according to local officials, some residents worried about Covid-19 in homeless population