Nong Prue sub-district, Pattaya —
A fire, reportedly caused by a short circuit, destroyed the paint storage of a Pattaya hotel.
Pattaya police were notified of a fire, yesterday, May 30th, at the paint storage of a hotel in the Nong Prue sub-district, Bang Lamung, Chonburi, and rushed to the incident scene with four fire trucks. The name of the hotel was withheld, however, pending results of an investigation into the blaze.
The storage was located at the back of the hotel and was used to keep the hotel’s bedding as well. Firefighters took two hours to extinguish the fire, but most properties inside the storage area were already totally damaged.
Prasit Sihamak, 54, who worked in the hotel’s security department, speculated that a short circuit caused the fire. The property damage could not be assessed until an assigned team inspected the building today, May 31st.