Greeting to all our readers and supporters!
Here is a look at our top LOCAL stories that happened in our areas, Pattaya and Chonburi, in the last week from Monday, May 9th, 2022, to Sunday, May 15th, 2022. The stories are chosen by our editorial team and are not in a particular order of importance but roughly in order of publishing.
Let’s take a look at what you might have missed!
1. Pattaya police holds meeting with Pattaya Walking Street security guards to discuss preparations for expected impending full reopening
The police told the guards to avoid any physical conflict with tourists as it could ruin the city’s tourism image.
2. Italian man, reportedly a popular local chef, dies after motorbike crash in Pattaya
The Pattaya News offers our sincerest condolences.
3. Pattaya police chief gives update on recent gold snatching incidents, assures foreign tourists they are safe
Initially, a specialized police patrol force would be formed to monitor any inappropriate incidents in tourist areas or crimes against tourists, according to the chief.
4. Indian man says transgender person took his 45,000 baht necklace on Walking Street, the fifth incident recently in Pattaya
Just after the police’s update, the gold snatching returned, similarly targeting Indian tourists like the previous cases.
5. Thai Marine Department accelerates “Bang Saray Model” study to potentially boost domestic tourism in Chonburi with a port, beach expansion
That is all for this week. Thank you so much for your support!