Koh Larn, Pattaya —
Pattaya mayoral candidate Poramase Ngampiches or “Beer” along with his candidates for Pattaya council members from the Rao Rak Pattaya team rallied on Koh Larn and answered nine questions about solutions to issues on the island.
The rally took place yesterday, May 11th, in a courtyard in front of Wat Mai Samran, Koh Larn, Pattaya, Chonburi. Poramase had answered nine questions from the residents which included the following:
- How sincere are you with Koh Larn islanders?
- What will you do to facilitate people at a berth?
- Guidelines for land ownership on the island
- Management of the drinking water system
- Management of the traffic
- Management of the solid waste
- Sustainable tourism development plan
- How will you reduce the cost of living for the islanders?
- How will you improve the island’s governance?
Some of Poramase’s answers are as follows, not in exact alignment with the above questions:
- The Rao Rak Pattaya team is very sincere to help the residents as evidenced by the fact that the team partially consists of Koh Larn-born members who know the area and are capable of devising insightful solutions to the problems.
- He will expedite the berth’s improvement and promises the islanders a more substantial result.
- He will cooperate with the Koh Larn Police Station to ensure security for the residents and visitors.
- The island will have an incinerator capable of eliminating 50 tons of solid waste. With this incinerator, all remaining waste will be gone in three years.
- He will cope with the relevant institutions to restore the coral reefs to attract more international divers. He wants Koh Larn to be full of visitors all year round.
- He promises to provide low-cost 24-hour medical care as well as a medical team that will examine the elderly at their home twice a month. Residents will also have access to a call center to inquire about job opportunities on the island.
- He will encourage children to learn languages such as English, Chinese, and Russian.
In the end, Poramase clarified certain misconceptions about him allegedly done by an anonymous discreditor. After all, he expressed gratitude to all audiences and promised to do all of the abovementioned if elected.
Former Pattaya mayor Sonthaya Khunplume, who leads the We Love Pattaya party that Poramase is part of, also spoke at the rally.
The Pattaya Mayor’s election is on May 22nd.