Hi to all our dear readers and supporters!
The following are our highlighted top LOCAL stories that happened in our area, Pattaya and Chonburi, in the last week. The number of stories may differ from week to week and we cover top national stories in a separate article.
The stories are chosen by our editorial team, and we have gathered them here for you to get a quick “catch up” on what you might have missed in our area. They are in no particular order of importance but roughly in order of publishing. These are from Sunday, May 1st, 2022, to Sunday, May 8th, 2022.
Let’s get started and see what happened last week!
1. Pattaya police resume checkpoints on Walking Street and ask guards to look out for inappropriate incidents
As Walking Street gets busier with domestic and foreign tourists, police checkpoints have returned!
2. Indian tourist in Pattaya says a transgender thief took his expensive necklace on Second Road overnight
This is the 3rd time recently that a hugging-and-stealing incident aimed at an Indian tourist, allegedly from a transgender individual, occured in Pattaya. Pattaya police say they are still hunting for the culprit(s).
3. Pattaya Marine Business Committee considers legally resuming Pattaya bay floating restaurants, Jet ski services, parasailing, etc
One of the proposals is to forbid any activity that is detrimental to Thai culture, which means large “party-style” activities on a boat is likely to be restricted.
4. Elderly Norwegian man found dead in Pattaya home, believed to be suicide, with eerie message written on a wall and notepad
The police’s initial assumption sparked quite a controversy on our Facebook news page. However, we offer our sincerest condolences.
5. Big Joke to discuss with relevant officials about legally reopening nightlife industry, extending business hours in Phuket, Pattaya, and other tourism zones
After a year of legal closure and limited openings for nightlife and entertainment as converted restaurants, could this be about to finally end?
That is all for this week. Thank you so much for your support!