1,283 new confirmed cases of Covid-19 in Chonburi today
8,306 positive ATK (rapid antigen) tests were reported but all require a second confirmed PCR test before being counted as official cases. The ATK positive tests are just “possible” cases until confirmed by PCR. TPN notes, however, that second confirmed tests are no longer mandatory except for high-risk groups.
1,191 (PCR) and 4,732 (ATK) recovered and were released from medical care
Three new deaths
The Chonburi Department of Public Health announced 1,283 new and confirmed cases of Covid-19 today with three new deaths, March 30th, 2022.
This makes a total of 75,733 cases (PCR) and 149,390 cases (ATK) of Covid-19 in the current round of infections, with 12,510 (PCR) and 61,564 (ATK) people still under medical care/supervision, and with a total of 130 recorded deaths in Chonburi since the start of this recent round of infections at the beginning of this year, January 2022.
Additionally, 1,191 (PCR) and 4,732 (ATK) people were also released and recovered yesterday in Chonburi. 63,125 (PCR) and 87,826 (ATK) people in total have now been released from medical care and recovered in Chonburi since this current wave of Covid-19 began at the beginning of this year, January 2022.
Seven people were listed as being in serious condition in Chonburi currently, either on a ventilator or pneumonia. Four of them had received two doses of vaccination and the other three were not vaccinated. According to the Chonburi Department of Public Health, the vast majority of recent cases, at 99.670 percent, are mild or asymptomatic.
The three new deaths were 89, 88, and 84 years old with severe personal health problems and pre-existing conditions. Two of them were not vaccinated.
935,074 people have received their triple dose which is 40.15 percent of the total Chonburi population. Of those, 163,339 are 608 groups which is 44.15 percent of those in these risk groups in Chonburi.
The district-level new cases were as follows today:
- Work and stayed in Rayong, transferred from other provinces for medical care, 63 cases
- Cluster, Toyota Gosei (Thailand) Company Limited in Phan Thong, 8 cases
- Cluster, AGC Automotive (Thailand) Company Limited in Mueang Chonburi, 4 cases
- Risky occupations meeting many people, 36 cases
- 51 medical personnel
- 5 back from other provinces from Bangkok (3), Chachoengsao (2), Buriram (1), Phitsanulok (1), and Samut Prakan (1)
- Close contacts from previously confirmed cases in families – 294 cases, in workplaces –58 cases, close personal contacts – 67 cases, and in joint parties – 6 cases
- Close contacts of a confirmed patient (under investigation), 51 cases
- 637 cases of close contacts of a confirmed patient (under investigation)
Follow us on Facebook