1,434 new confirmed cases of Covid-19 in Chonburi today
- 6,148 positive ATK (rapid antigen) tests were reported but all require a second confirmed PCR test before being counted as official cases. The ATK positive tests are just “possible” cases until confirmed by PCR. TPN notes, however, that second confirmed tests are no longer mandatory except for high-risk groups.
- 1,201 (PCR) and 2,806 (ATK) recovered and were released from medical care
- Three new deaths
The Chonburi Department of Public Health announced 1,434 new and confirmed cases of Covid-19 today with three new deaths, March 23rd 2022.
This makes a total of 66,982 cases (PCR) and 102,680 cases (ATK) of Covid-19 in the current round of infections, with 12,269 (PCR) and 43,433 (ATK) people still under medical care/supervision, and with a total of 121 recorded deaths in Chonburi since the start of this recent round of infections at the beginning of this year, January 2022.
Additionally, 1,201 (PCR) and 2,806 (ATK) people were also released and recovered yesterday in Chonburi. 54,592 (PCR) and 59,247 (ATK) people in total have now been released from medical care and recovered in Chonburi since this current wave of Covid-19 began at the beginning of this year, January 2022.
The district-level new cases were as follows today:
The details on the cases are as follows:
- Work and stayed in Rayong, transferred from other provinces for medical care, 90 cases
- Risky occupations meeting many people, 57 cases
- 35 medical personnel
- 1 back from Chanthaburi
- Close contacts from previously confirmed cases in families – 311 cases, in workplaces –56 cases, close personal contacts – 94 cases, and joined a party – 4 case
- Close contacts of a confirmed patient (under investigation), 46 cases
- 740 cases of close contacts of a confirmed patient (under investigation)