1,003 new confirmed cases of Covid-19 in Chonburi today
- 2,291 positive ATK (rapid antigen) tests were reported but all require a second confirmed PCR test before being counted as official cases. The ATK positive tests are just “possible” cases until confirmed by PCR.
1,301 (PCR) and 1,258 (ATK) recovered and were released from medical care
Twelve new deaths
The Chonburi Department of Public Health announced 1,003 new and confirmed cases of Covid-19 today with twelve new deaths, March 8th, 2022.
This makes a total of 48,843 cases (PCR) and 43,716 cases (ATK) of Covid-19 in the current round of infections, with 11,418 (PCR) and 18,201 (ATK) people still under medical care/supervision, and with a total of 74 recorded deaths in Chonburi since the start of this recent round of infections at the beginning of this year, January 2022.
Additionally, 1,301 (PCR) and 1,258 (ATK) people were also released and recovered yesterday in Chonburi. 37,351 (PCR) and 25,515 (ATK) people in total have now been released from medical care and recovered in Chonburi since this current wave of Covid-19 began at the beginning of this year, January 2022.
Six people were listed as being in serious condition in Chonburi currently, either on a ventilator or pneumonia. Two of them were not vaccinated. According to the Chonburi Department of Public Health, the vast majority of recent cases are mild or asymptomatic, 99.2% percent in total.
The twelve new deaths were aged from 36 to 94 with personal health problems and pre-existing conditions. Seven of them were not vaccinated. It was not made immediately clear if the unusually high number was due to any back reporting over an extended period of time.
In total, 1,992,917 people in Pattaya and Chonburi have received their first dose of a Covid -19 vaccine which is 85.57 percent of the total Chonburi population. Of those, 305,234 have received their first dose and are what the Thai government calls 608 groups (elders, have chronic health problems, and pregnant) which is 82.41 percent of those in these risk groups in Chonburi.
844,322 people have received their triple dose which is 36.25 percent of the total Chonburi population. Of those, 143,490 are 608 groups which is 38.79 percent of those in these risk groups in Chonburi.
The district-level new cases were as follows today:
Mueang Chonburi 208, Si Racha 276, Banglamung (Pattaya) 234, Panat Nikhom 14, Sattahip 72, Ban Bueng 53, Phan Thong 49, ฺBor Thong 7, Ko Chan 3, Nong Yai 1, Ko Si Chang 1, and 85 people transferred from other provinces for medical care.
The details on the cases are as follows:
- Work and stayed in Rayong, transferred from other provinces for medical care, 58 cases
- Risky occupations meeting many people, 36 cases
- 22 medical personnel
- 14 back from other provinces from Samut Prakan (4), Bangkok (2), Chachoengsao (2), Suphanburi (2), Khon Kaen (1), Chanthaburi(1), Phuket(1) and Ayutthaya (1)
- Close contacts from previously confirmed cases in families – 201 cases, in workplaces –70 cases, close personal contacts – 55 cases, and joined a party – 6 case
- Close contacts of a confirmed patient (under investigation), 42 cases
- 499 cases close contacts of a confirmed patient (under investigation)
Want to advertise with us or inquire about promoting your business, event, charity, or sporting event? E-mail us at Pattayanewseditor@gmail.com