Hello Pattaya News Readers and Supporters!
The following is our weekly feature in which we highlight the top local stories in our area, Pattaya and Chonburi, from the past week. The number of stories differs from week to week.
These are chosen and curated by our editorial team and are designed for our readers to get a quick “catch-up” of important stories they may have missed. We publish many stories daily and it is easy to lose track of important events or changes in our area. We do national recaps in a separate article, this is only the top local stories in our area and province.
They are in no particular order of importance but roughly in order of publishing. These are from Sunday, January 16th, 2022, to Saturday, January 22nd, 2022.
Let’s get started and see what the top local stories were!
1. Pattaya police raid nightclub allegedly illegally open with help of a locksmith
Raids continued for the third week in a row as Pattaya police continued to crack down on entertainment venues breaking the strict 9 PM closure time (Now 11 PM) and rules making all bars, clubs, etc. become temporary restaurants.
2. Eat crocodile, not pork say local farmers in Chonburi
Hmmmmmmm……What do you think?
3. Tree Town closed for three days, big cleaning due to Covid-19 concerns
This drew a lot of discussion on our social media.
4. Pattaya pushing forward with several major Old Town Naklua projects to boost domestic tourism
This project, designed to attract domestic tourism, is popular with our readers.
5. The future of Walking Street
At least, according to the Pattaya Mayor.
6. The issue with the sidewalks in parts of Pattaya
Another major issue is regularly brought up by readers.