692 new confirmed cases of Covid-19 in Chonburi today
767 people recovered and were released from medical care
1 new death
The Chonburi Department of Public Health announced 692 new and confirmed cases of Covid-19 today with one new death, January 16th, 2022.
This makes a total of 11,086 cases of Covid-19 in the current round of infections, with 8,214 people still under medical care/supervision, and with a total of 11 recorded deaths in Chonburi since the start of this recent round of infections in the beginning of this year, January, 2022.
Additionally, 767 people were also released and recovered yesterday in Chonburi. 2,861 people in total have now been released from medical care and recovered in Chonburi since this current wave of Covid-19 began in the beginning of this year, January, 2022.
The new death was an unvaccinated 72-year-old patient with personal health problems and pre-existing conditions.
In total, 1,929,578 people in Pattaya and Chonburi have received their first dose of a Covid -19 vaccine which is 82.85 percent of the total Chonburi population. Of those, 300,019 have received their first dose and are what the Thai government calls 608 groups (elders, have chronic health problems, and pregnant) which is 81.10 percent of those in these risk groups in Chonburi.
The district-level new cases were as follows today:
Mueang Chonburi 79, Si Racha 177, Banglamung (Pattaya) 328, Panat Nikhom 4, Sattahip 48 (in Navy area 8), Ban Bueng 8, Phan Thong 15, Bor Thong 1, Nong Yai 1, Ko Si Chang 2, and 29 people transferred from other provinces for medical care.
The details on the cases are as follows:
- Work and stayed in Rayong, transferred from other provinces for medical care, 26 cases
- Active case finding at restaurants that sell alcohol in Pattaya and Banglamung, 14 cases
- Cluster, Bangkok Charoenmit (1972) Company Limited in Si Racha, 4 cases
- Risky occupations meeting many people, 17 cases
- 11 medical personnel
- Back from other provinces 11 cases
6.1 Chaiyaphum, 2 cases
6.2 Maha Sarakham, 2 cases
6.3 Bangkok, 1 case
6.4 Kalasin, 1 case
6.5 Chanthaburi, 1 case
6.6 Chainat, 1 case
6.7 Nakhon Si Thammarat, 1 case
6.8 Ayutthaya, 1 case
6.9 Roi Et, 1 case
- Close contacts from previously confirmed cases in families – 193 cases, in workplaces – 157 cases, close personal contacts – 33 cases, and joined a party – 17 cases
- Close contacts of a confirmed patient (under investigation), 26 cases
- 183 cases close contacts of a confirmed patient (under investigation)
Follow us on Facebook