A fire has completely destroyed a garage in the Phanat Nikhom district over the past weekend. The cost of damages is estimated at 300,000 baht.
The Phanat Nikhom Police were notified of the fire at a garage in the Nong Heng sub-district on Sunday, January 9th, 2022.
Firefighters arrived at the scene with five fire engines to find an inferno was completely ablaze. It took about half an hour to control the fire.
Ms. Sangkit Tongngam, 40, the garage owner, told TPN media, “We were cutting parts of iron items when a fire sparked to an oil tank nearby. There was a small explosion before the fire started.”
“The garage stored 100,000 baht cash and gold items and was completely destroyed. The total cost of damages is estimated at 300,000 baht. Luckily no one was injured.” Sangkit concluded.
Police from Phanat Nikhom are looking into if the garage had insurance and the claims of expensive losses of gold and cash.