921 new confirmed cases of Covid-19 in Chonburi today
188 people recovered and were released from medical care
One new death
The Chonburi Department of Public Health announced 921 new and confirmed cases of Covid-19 today with one new death, January 9th, 2022.
This makes a total of 119,014 cases of Covid-19 in the current round of infections, with 6,743 people still under medical care/supervision, and with a total of 795 recorded deaths in Chonburi since the start of this recent round of infections in early April.
Additionally, 188 people were also released and recovered yesterday in Chonburi. 111,476 people in total have now been released from medical care and recovered in Chonburi since this current wave of Covid-19 began.
Two people were listed as being in serious condition in Chonburi currently, either on a ventilator or pneumonia. Both of them were not vaccinated. According to the Chonburi Department of Public Health, the vast majority of recent cases are mild or asymptomatic.
In total, 1,919,470 people in Pattaya and Chonburi have received their first dose of a Covid -19 vaccine which is 82.41 percent of the total Chonburi population. Of those, 299,011 have received their first dose and are what the Thai government calls 608 groups (elders, have chronic health problems, and pregnant) which is 80.83 percent of those in these risk groups in Chonburi.
The district-level new cases were as follows today:
Mueang Chonburi 129, Si Racha 180, Banglamung (Pattaya) 477, Panat Nikhom 10, Sattahip 54 (in navy area 7), Ban Bueng 8, Phan Thong 24, Bor Thong 3, and 36 people transferred from other provinces for medical care.
The details on the cases are as follows:
- Work and stayed in Rayong, transferred from other provinces for medical care, 33 cases
- Active case finding at restaurants that sell alcohol in Pattaya and Banglamung, 44 cases
- Active case finding at restaurants that sell alcohol in Bang Saen and Wonnapa Beach in Mueang Chonburi, 7 cases
- Active case finding in students at Burapha University in Mueang Chonburi (staffers and customers at restaurants that sell alcohol), 7 cases
- Cluster, Cool Club (restaurant selling alcohol) in Si Racha, 10 cases
- Risky occupations meeting many people, 15 cases
- 18 medical personnel
- Back from other provinces 21 cases
8.1 Chiang Mai 4 cases
8.2 Kanchanaburi 2 cases
8.3 Chanthaburi 2 cases
8.4 Ratchaburi 2 cases
8.5 Ubon Ratchathani 2 cases
8.6 Bangkok 1 case
8.7 Udon Thani, 1 case
8.8 Khon Kaen 1 case
8.9 Tak 1 case
8.10 Nan 1 case
8.11 Buriram 1 case
8.12 Prachuap Khiri Khan 1 case
8.13 Phayao 1 case
8.14 Phetchabun 1 case
8.15 Phuket 1 case
8.16 Samut Prakan 1 case
8.17 Samut Songkhram 1 case
8.18 Sa Kaeo 1 case
8.19 Surin 1 case
8.20 Amnat Charoen 1 case
8.21 Udon Thani 1 case
- Close contacts from previously confirmed cases in families – 140 cases, in workplaces – 106 cases, close personal contacts – 57 cases, and joined a party – 104 cases
- Close contacts of a confirmed patient (under investigation), 45 cases
- 147 cases close contacts of a confirmed patient (under investigation)
Follow us on Facebook