354 new confirmed cases of Covid-19 in Chonburi today
596 people recovered and were released from medical care
2 new deaths
The Chonburi Department of Public Health announced 354 new and confirmed cases of Covid-19 today with 2 new deaths, October 18th.
This makes a total of 96,988 cases of Covid-19 in the current round of infections, with 7,768 people still under medical care/supervision, and with a total of 677 recorded deaths in Chonburi since the start of this recent round of infections in early April.
Additionally, 596 people were also released and recovered yesterday in Chonburi. 88,543 people in total have now been released from medical care and recovered in Chonburi since this current wave of Covid-19 began.
The two new deaths yesterday were elderly males aged 67 and 70 according to the Chonburi Department of Public Health. Both were family contacts of previously confirmed cases and had chronic health problems. Neither of them were vaccinated.
The district-level new cases were as follows today:
Mueang Chonburi 65, Si Racha 94, Banglamung (Pattaya) 71, Panat Nikhom 20, Sattahip 29, Ban Bueang 10, Phan Thong 6, Bor Thong 12, Ko Chan 5, Nong Yai 1, and 41 people transferred from other provinces for medical care.
The details on the cases are as follows:
- Cluster Mitsubishi Motors (Thailand) Co., Ltd., Sriracha District, 9 cases
- Cluster, work camp in Surasak, Si Racha District, 5 cases
- Cluster, Sung Il (Thailand) Co., Ltd, Sri Racha District, 5 cases
- Many enterprises in Rayong province, 27 cases
- Risky occupation, meeting a lot of people, 13 cases
- 2 medical staff
- Close contacts of confirmed patients in 124 families, in 62 workplaces, 20 from close friends and 2 joined parties.
- Close contact of a confirmed patient (under investigation), 21 cases
- 64 cases in general are under investigation as to how they contracted Covid-19
Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter and get all our news delivered to you in one spam-free daily e-mail Click here! OR, enter your e-mail below!