687 new confirmed cases of Covid-19 in Chonburi today
940 people recovered and were released from medical care
1 new death
The Chonburi Department of Public Health announced 687 new and confirmed cases of Covid-19 today with 1 new death, October 8th.
Additionally, 940 people were also released and recovered yesterday in Chonburi. 81,631 people in total have now been released from medical care and recovered in Chonburi since this current wave of Covid-19 began.
This makes a total of 92,523 cases of Covid-19 in the current round of infections, with 10,252 people still under medical care/supervision, and with a total of 640 recorded deaths in Chonburi since the start of this recent round of infections in early April.
The new death yesterday is a 61-year-old man who contracted Covid-19 from a previously confirmed case. The Chonburi Public Health Office said he was at-risk due to his age, although did not specifically state if he had any other conditions.
The district-level new cases were as follows today:
Mueang Chonburi 166, Si Racha 152, Banglamung (Pattaya) 99, Panat Nikhom 17, Sattahip 94, Ban Bueang 16, Pan Thong 28, Bor Thong 15, Ko Chan 1, Nong Yai 2, soldiers in Sattahip 10, and 87 people transferred from other provinces for medical care.
The details on the cases are as follows:
- Cluster, soldiers in Sattahip, 10 cases
- Cluster, PP Solution and Partner company in Si Racha, 27 cases
- Cluster, Thep Nimit Marketing company in Mueang Chonburi, 7 cases
- Cluster, Colgate Palm Olive company in Mueang Chonburi, 4 cases
- Cluster, Louis Adhesive Tape in Mueang Chonburi, 4 cases
- Many establishments in Rayong Province brought to Chonburi for medical care, 58 cases
- A risky occupation, meeting a lot of people, 18 cases
- 2 medical staff
- Back from a risky area in Rayong, 11 cases
- Close contacts of confirmed patients in the family – 245 cases, in workplaces – 120 cases, close friends – 17 cases and joined parties, 7 cases
- Close contacts of confirmed patients (under investigation), 33 cases
- 124 cases are under investigation in general as to the cause of the disease
There are currently clusters of outbreaks in 79 establishments and five markets, 10 construction worker camps, and four communities.
Have a General news tip, press release, question, comment, etc? We are not interested in SEO proposals. Mail us at Pattayanewseditor@gmail.com