555 new confirmed cases of Covid-19 in Chonburi today
633 people recovered and were released from medical care
5 new deaths
The Chonburi Department of Public Health announced 555 new and confirmed cases of Covid-19 today with 5 new deaths, October 5th.
Additionally, 633 people were also released and recovered yesterday in Chonburi. 79,234 people in total have now been released from medical care and recovered in Chonburi since this current wave of Covid-19 began.
This makes a total of 90,483 cases of Covid-19 in the current round of infections, with 10,618 people still under medical care/supervision, and with a total of 631 recorded deaths in Chonburi since the start of this recent round of infections in early April. The details on yesterday’s 5 new deaths was not given, which is standard for the health department.
The district-level new cases were as follows today:
Mueang Chonburi 199, Si Racha 88, Banglamung (Pattaya) 87, Panat Nikhom 32, Sattahip 22, Ban Bueang 8, Pan Thong 52, Bor Thong 2, Nong Yai 1, soldiers in Sattahip 20, and 44 people transferred from other provinces for medical care.
The details on the cases are as follows:
- Cluster, soldiers in Sattahip, 20 cases
- Cluster, Triumph Motorcycles company in Pan Thong, 11 cases
- Cluster Gloray Plan company in Mueang Chonburi, 10 cases
- Cluster, Rofu company in Si Racha, 6 cases
- Cluster, AW company in Si Racha, 6 cases
- A risky occupation, meeting a lot of people, 11 cases
- Many establishments in Rayong Province brought to Chonburi for medical care, 20 cases
- Close contacts of confirmed patients in the family – 202 cases, in workplaces – 115 cases and close friends – 15 cases
- Close contacts of confirmed patients (under investigation), 43 cases
- 96 cases are under investigation in general as to the cause of the disease
There are currently clusters of outbreaks in 79 establishments and five markets, 10 construction worker camps, and four communities.